Bananas go to law school, too!

1.03.2006

Mhmm, dinner time

I got to cook dinner for the fam tonight and it was, if I do say so myself, a resounding success. On the menu was Chicken with Goat Cheese and Arugula, Orzo and Rice Pilaf with Vegetables and steamed broccoli with lemon and olive oil. (links to the inspirations).

Yum yum, I recommend making any of the three.

The broccoli is mega easy - steam/boil fresh brocolli, add the juice of a whole lemon (you can use less, but I like mine lemon-y) and a "glug" or two of olive oil. Add a little salt & enjoy!
I switched the chicken dish by adding a little baby spinach leaves to my arugula -- it cut down on the bitterness without cutting down on the greens.
The Orzo/Rice Pilaf was improved by using wild rice instead of white rice - if you cook the wild rice a bit before you start on the rest of the vegetables, the timing works out pretty well.

Tomorrow, I get dinner duties again. It's so refreshing being able to cook in a big, bright kitchen with lots and lots of pots, pans, utensilts and such. Also, when your parents foot the grocery bill - that helps too.