Bananas go to law school, too!

10.29.2005

Song of the moment: Okkervil River - So Come Back, I am Waiting. Download it - it's clearly top-notch.

Last night went to happy hour with Emily, a friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend who now can now be referred to as "friend" for sake of saving space and being more, you know, true. We found a place that had 3.50 drinks/4.50 martinis/cosmos which is unreal for NYC and "not even remotely a deal" in cities like Rochester. It's crazy how a 3.50 drink is SUCH an amazing deal to me right now. For that reason alone, I hate cities.

Afterwards, aganist all instincts just to go to bed, I went out with two fellas from my section down in Murray Hill. We actually went to Joshua Tree which just reminded me SO MUCH of when fuego/lindsay/deb/& co came and visited (we went there first that weekend) so it was semi-bittersweet. We went to a bar afterwards whose-name-I-forgot and actually met some more folks in our section randomly - which just goes to show you how small this city can really be. Crazyface.

I know this is Halloween weekend and all, but I don't think that I'm going to be rocking any fabulous costume parties this year. I know, Partly-Cloudy-Chance-Of-Rain costume from last year would be disappointed. But, surprise surprise, doing well in law school trumps ironic costuming, even for holiday purposes.