Bananas go to law school, too!

12.27.2005

So I had a ridiculous dream (nightmare) last night that classes actually started and I spent my Monday watching movies instead of going to class. And almost failed out of law school. Which is entirely true except for the whole “going to class” thing because class doesn’t start for another two weeks. But it’s good to know that school-panic doesn’t stop when you’re 1000 miles away and finals are four months away. Of course, the registrar hasn’t posted grades and I think it would be in everyone’s best interest for me to stop checking because really, we don’t want know the result of the brain-vomit that was Finals Week 2005.

I know I’ve been bad about updating this bloggie over break – but SUCH IS LIFE when, really, it’s called “Bananas Go To Law School” and not “Bananas Watch Dr. Phil and Eat Lipton Cup-A-Soup.” Nothing too exciting to speak of – looking forward to New Year’s Eve 2005 in Logan Square & Job Search 2006 which will start shortly. I know, I know, I’m a horrible law student who didn’t send out resumes a month ago – but LET’S BE SERIOUS. Me and my four years of sorority leadership and waitressing is unlikely to make any HR rep look at my resume and exclaim “We MUST hire this person! She can mix drinks, haze pledges AND serve Peruvian Bistro Cuisine with the utmost of ease.” Let’s be serious, I’ll be lucky to get a full-time job, much less a paid job. So, really, what’s the rush?*

Happy Holidays!

**I will undoubtedly look back upon this post in three months time with ne’er a part-time, unpaid internship in Maine offer and curse my laissez-faire attitude. Until then!