Bananas go to law school, too!

5.22.2006

Things I Learned During the Writing Competition

THIS IS NOT ME CHEATING. Even though, if I wanted, I could tell you that the answer is "three" (shoot! I'm disqualified!) what I'm REALLY saying is that 10 pages in Courier New is really more like 7.3 pages in Times New Roman. My whole hour-a-page mantra was in serious trouble once we were forced to put everything in Courier New instead of Times New Roman, the old college stand-by. BUT HAVE NO FEAR.

I just typed "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog," for 10 minutes, breaking it up sometimes by typing "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy LOG" because that's FUNNY! How can a log be lazy?!? It just lies there! That's what logs DO!

In any event, a little PSA to fellow writing competition laborers -- only 7.3 pages! Woo!

Edit: Emily, it's only 3.5 single-spaced Times New Roman pages --- we're seriously over half-way done! And we haven't even started!