Bananas go to law school, too!

5.26.2006

unhappy

Five hours after I hand in my writing competition packet, I spill a grapefruit on my laptop and ruin the hard drive.

Very unhappy.

Edit: I don't want to jinx it. So I won't say anything. But a hairdryer, towel and tweezers might just be magical magical things. But I'm not going to jinx it.

Edit 2: I think I might have spoken too soon. I got all the liquid out, but I think the sugar and acid from the grapefruit are doing a number on my harddrive. Who am I? Who does this? Spill a grapefruit on a laptop. Saving grace: law school 1L is over and all the stuff on my hard drive really don't matter. BUT I need my laptop for my law job this summer and I would hate to tell my boss on Wednesday that I can't do my job yet because my laptop smells like a grapefruit. I'm letting the guy settle for the weekend. In the meantime, I'm selling every book I own, essentially, on amazon and am considering "selling out" with some garbage addies on this blog. But that would be lame. And if there's anything I'm NOT, it's lame! RIGHT!? Right?

Edit 3: Has anyone had any advice on using EBay to buy a laptop? Any advice if, hypothetically, that's my new plan?