Bananas go to law school, too!

7.26.2006

That Walk-In Freezer at Work is Looking Mighty Nice

In a futile effort to try to NOT to die from over-heating every night, I've carefully positioned two rotating fans and one stationary box fans at perfect points in my room. The air-conditioning only works downstairs & since a) the house is extra creaky and noisy downstairs and b) I'm not in a fight with my wife, I haven't been sleeping on the couch like everyone tells me to do. Instead, super-fan placement and doing my best at capitalizing on the coveted "cross-breeze" and it seems to work. That, and taking more cold showers late at night than Peter Cook at a Hawaiian Tropic contest.

I watched Crash and Super Size Me recently and they are both awesome. The latter renewed my resolve never to go to a McDonald's again (it's been months as it is). The former was amazing. There's one scene which I won't describe, but if you've seen it you know what I'm talking about --- I don't think I've ever cried so much at a movie. Except maybe Father of the Bride. But Crash made me bawl like a baby. Not helping matters was two glasses of Cabernet. See both if you haven't yet. I give them five bananas!

I will leave you with a photo from Italy. Which makes me mega-jelaous of the They Who Don't Invite Me. Sigh.