Bananas go to law school, too!

6.06.2006

Why Doesn't Anyone Name Their Children Damien Anymore?

My little brother came home from school today wearing all white. It was June 6, 2006 - or 6.6.[0]6 as all the expectant mothers who induced over the last few days know. The Day of the El Diablo and all sorts of other things. So Binky Barnes [nickname for the little guy, because although I've resigned myself to perhaps losing my job because of the blog, my little bro needn't ruin his jr. high career just yet] - Barnes comes home wearing all white and a crucifix. Apparently, he knew there was going to be trouble today because he hit SO MANY foul balls during baseball - and he usually doesn't do that.

Also, some of the other 5th graders wore RED and BLACK (egads!) in order to be "bad-ass," I suppose. Barnes asked them all "Why do you even try to tempt fate?" He's so serious about so many things.

Apparently, during "clean out your desk day" at school - some of the other kids (who were obviously the ones wearing red and black) got their fingers SHASHED in the DESKS. And "a lot fo kids were really clumsy."

I wanted to go into the whole statistical concept that the only reason you feel like people are more clumsy is simply because you were looking out for it --- I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but elementary students are, as a general rule, clumsy little rugrats. But I decided to keep mum lest he lose the fear of God TOO early.

Either way, he was being cute. And I gues I'm glad that I'm not working at the restaurant tonight - last summer's "exorcism" - complete with priest - was a little much for me - and I can only imagine the antics that are happening on today's most un-holy day.

As an aside, if I HAD to give birth to a child today, you better believe his name would be "Christian Mark Luke John Matthew Jesus Gabriel Joesph Banana" or, if a girl "Mary Margaret Magdalene Faith Chastity Hope Grace Banana." Suckers on the playground, but NOT possessed by the devil.