Bananas go to law school, too!

4.21.2006

Links for a little diversion

Eep! In two weeks Civ Pro final will HISTORY! That's means I gots to keep buckling down. But not before I give everyone a little something to smile about. Because that's what I like to do. And becuase it takes substantially less time than actually writing a post.

This week has been rocked by an SBA election scandel the likes of which the student body ne'er has seen. These guys have running commentary that is far better than anything I can explain. Overall, however, suffice to say there are FAR too many emails being sent about something that has FAR too little import. Especially since - HELLO - finals are in two weeks.

Twinnie has been harping about this documentary for about, I don't know, forever. It's called The Power of Nightmares and is apparently the most insightful political documentary out there. I still haven't been able to finish it (too many SBA election emails to read!) but what I've seen is good. I invite you to do the same.

I'm going to learn Chinese (Mandarin, I believe) this summer. 1 billion people can't be wrong!

I'm also going to learn how to drive.

Sorry for making every link about politics, but I must share one of the best lines (talking about America) from a recent Slate article. Arguing that Blair's rationale for supporting the US in Iraq was to make sure it was an international effort, not just America on its own, Geoffrey Wheatcroft makes the analogy: "You don't say: 'My big brother is a crazy kind of guy. On Saturday night he likes to get blind drunk and drive through town at 90. It would be more damaging to peace and security if he acted alone than if he had my support, so I'll go along with him for the ride.' Either Washington was doing something wise and virtuous, in which case it should have been supported for that reason, or not, in which case should have been restrained and, if necessary, opposed."